Monday, December 26, 2011

Tattoo

Today I was feeling adventurous.
I had some Christmas money burning a whole in my pocket,
so I decided to go ahead and do something that I've wanted to do for a long time.
Get a tattoo.


Although I do already have one, I wanted another. 
Not just any tattoo,
but a tattoo that sums up who I am in one little symbol.



A fish. 
A Christian fish, to be exact.
Every time I see this symbol it gives me warm, fuzzy feelings. 
I really love it,
and I love this story...
After Jesus was resurrected to heaven, Christianity grew like crazy. 
It became dangerous to be known as a Christian because they were becoming persecuted by both the Romans and Jews. If two strangers met and had a feeling that they ran into a fellow believer one of them would draw the top half of the fish, and if the other person recognized it they would add the second half to the symbol.



My sister came for support, but decided she was brave enough to get one too.
We'd been wanting matching ones for a long time, so this was perfect.



She was a complete wimp.
John, Tasha and Jay were there too.  They would agree with that statement.  


But the foot is a painful area, so I'll give her that.


We were both super happy with our new tattoos.

Joseph at Aggressive Nature in Lewiston does a great job. 
I've made his coffee a million times and he pierced my nose for me,
so it was no question who I was going to.
He is super funny and chill... we like him.

So there you have it, I now have a permanent piece of art on my body,
and every time I see it or think about it, I think about how great it is to be a child of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment